Questions raised by panellists:
- What are the best tools to use?
- What is the value of automation?
- Which tools are the best value for money?
- Can you make automation work on a global basis?
- How do I stop my scripts becoming out of date?
- Do I really need specialist automation testers?
- How are new technology and new techniques going to affect the way I test over the next 2 years or so?
- How can stories help to automate tests?
- What tools have you built to help with testing?
- What do developers think of automation?
- How many times does an automated test need to be executed in order to pay back the cost of set up and maintenance?
- How does automation fit in to large scale enterprise integration projects?
- Are the results from a testing tool predictable?
- What is difficult for an automation testing tool?
- How to generate corrections to faulty programs?
- How to infer specifications automatically?
- Which considerations should I have if I want to introduce automation in an agile environment?
- Which activities are involved during automation?
Questions raised by audience:
- How can procurement (of suppliers and tools) fit into Agile, particularly in a cloud environment?
- Acceptance test tools. Which one?
- Why is there an abundance of tools? Which should I trust?
- Nobody gets fired for buying HP Quality Centre, so why go for open source test management tools and which ones?
- How to specify Geo Spatial requirements for test automation through specification by example?
- Any public authority willing to share experience of specification by example?
- How useful is it to construct examples to help improve testing of delivered and mature systems always tested using scripts?
- Are you running into any problems with tools being over used/replacing conversations? How have you resolved this?
- How do you cope with upgrading to newer tools, specifically relating to automated testing tools.